By integrating FM:Systems with VergeSense, you are able to gain more insight into the effectiveness of your room and desk booking systems by comparing scheduled bookings with real occupancy data. You can also configure rules that automate the release of scheduled resources if they are unused.
In order to activate and configure the VergeSense + FM:Systems integration, please follow the following steps:
Step 1: Authentication
1. Navigate to VergeSense > Settings > Integrations
2. Click “Connect” for FM:Systems
3. Authorize VergeSense to integrate.
FM:Systems Authentication Requirements
The following FM:Systems data is required to establish a connection to the FM:Systems API:
Please note: The password used to communicate with the API is different than the one to log into the FM:Systems web client. The API requires a “mobile password” which can be set on FM:System's web client in the profile settings:
My Information > General Options > Mobile password.
Step 2: Map Spaces
Upon integrating FM:Systems with VergeSense, you will retrieve a list of Regions, Locations, and Groups. Within each group, VergeSense will display a list of retrieved resources.
1. Review the list of spaces space names and types pulled directly from Building Settings.
Optional: You can filter by status (mapped/unmapped) or by space name/type.
2. Map spaces by selecting the corresponding space from the pick list of all FM:Systems spaces pulled into the VergeSense platform as part of the integration authentication process.
3. Once mapped, you can customize "Reservation Actions for each individual space as needed.
Step 3: Configure Reservation Actions
1. Navigate to the "Reservation Actions" tab.
2. Configure the reservation actions you want to enable by default for all spaces and click save.
3. Configure "Advanced Settings" to expand and/or limit how "Reservation Actions" are applied to all reservations, then click save.
Step 4: Analyze
Navigate to the insights tab on the left-hand side of your VergeSense platform. Here, you can explore Space Availability insights.