By integrating Google Calendar with VergeSense, you are able to gain more insight into the effectiveness of their space booking policies by comparing scheduled bookings with real occupancy data. You can further eliminate unused workspaces by configuring business rules that automate the release of scheduled resources using person count, active occupancy, and passive occupancy.
In order to activate and configure the VergeSense + Google Calendar integration, please follow the following steps:
Step 1: Authentication
1. Navigate back to VergeSense > Settings > Integrations
2. Click “Connect” for Google Calendar
3. Authorize VergeSense to access space & calendar information from Google Calendar
Step 2: Configure Reservation Actions
1. Navigate to the Integration Actions tab.
2. Configure the reservation actions you want to enable by default for all spaces and click “save”. Note: Google Calendar only supports No Show Cancellation & Release When Available actions.
3. Configure Advanced Settings to expand and/or limit how Reservation Actions are applied to all reservations and click “save”.
Step 3: Map Spaces
Upon integrating Google Calendar with VergeSense an automatic space mapping process will kick off. VergeSense will compare the Name field for a space with every reservable space. If there is a match with any portion of the name, a mapping will be associated.
If you need to manually map any spaces, follow these steps:
Navigate back to VergeSense > Settings > Integrations.
Click “Settings” for Google Calendar.
Within the Space Mapping tab select “Map Spaces” for a specific floor.
1. Review the list of spaces space names and types pulled directly from Building Settings.
Optional: You can filter by status (mapped/unmapped) or by space name/type.
2. Map spaces by selecting the corresponding space from the pick list of all Google Calendar spaces pulled into the VergeSense platform as part of the integration authentication process.
3. Once mapped, you can customize Reservation Actions for each individual space as needed.
Step 4: Analyze
Navigate to the insights tab on the left-hand side of your VergeSense platform. Here, you can explore Space Availability insights.